Monday, May 06, 2013

The Hamptons Home and Gardens of Charlotte Moss

Good morning, Everyone!

It's looking like it's going to be another beautiful day here on the Island.........the sun is shining and I am anxious to get out into our backyard and start on the springtime garden chores.........so much to do!

But, I wanted to share the Hampton's home and garden of Charlotte Moss, probably my favorite designer of all...........she is such an interesting lady with seemingly limitless talent and energy.

I received her book about collage art for my birthday in February and I've been making some collages since then.........I, too, have been a magazine fiend since I was a teenager, so I have more than my share of source material..........

When I came upon her Hampton's gardens in the latest issue of Veranda, I thought you might like to see them and her home there.

She certainly knows how to live a full life, as she has a number of homes, has published numerous books, is famous for her impeccable taste and interior designs, travels frequently and is self-publishing a book on the gardens of France, is very involved with charitable fundraisers, has her own fabric and furniture line and still has time to socialize, entertain, make collages and indulge in her real passion - gardening!

I know she has household help and assistants for her many projects, but she amazes me with her energy!

Enjoy!


Her reading corner overlooking her garden!  She has time to read, too?

Screened porch

Sleeping porch.

Library


Guest room over the garage.




A small view of her selection of floral vessels

Charlotte's potting room - her favorite room in the house where she does all her own floral arrangements!





Images 1, 2 Hamptons Magazine, Image 3 - 5 Elle Decor
Images 6 - 11 Hampton Magazine, Image 12 Pinterest
Images 13 - 16 Veranda





1 comment:

  1. This home is fabulous, just what I would expect for the Hamptons! I LOVE her style and fabrics. The mature and many trees is like discovering a secret garden. I wish I was a friend of Ms. Moss so I could visit. The dog is adorable. TFS.

    ReplyDelete